We have been working very closely with financial institutions for decades, but we’ve never had as many questions about what projects need to be prioritized first. It seems as though COVID-19 has added more initiatives to an already full whiteboard for financial executives than ever before—and a lot of them have short timelines and a ton of urgency behind them.
From shifting branch models, to adjusting how your branches operate, and beyond, we’ve got some ideas for you. And over the next 3 weeks, we will be releasing a project idea and what you need to make it happen!
Last week we talked shifting from transactional to advisory.
BRANCH PROJECT: THE PROFIT BOOSTER
OBJECTIVE: INCREASE SALES AND CUT COSTS
TIMELINE: 6-8 months
The pandemic has certainly changed the way we all operate every day and banking was one of the most impacted industries. Like most others, you need to cut costs, which can be accomplished by:
- Shifting transactions to self-service solutions
- Providing in-branch education on how to onboard to mobile/digital banking
While there is less money coming in every week, the client’s need for financial support from their institution is greater than ever before. In fact, that does mean more of a demand for your services. 58% of Americans said they’re managing their daily and monthly expenses, where only 43% did before the pandemic. Furthermore, 1 in 3 Americans have considered meeting with a financial services associate as a result of COVID-19. You can capitalize on this need by:
- Training staff how to sell and not just complete transactions
- Providing easy access to experts for immediate advising
- Using digital signage displays to advertise your products and services
To help deliver on these goals and initiatives, we offer a single package capable of checking all the boxes:
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS & SERVICES:
- RETAIL DESIGNS:
- Service Spot(s) – Use these flexible workstations to provide your staff with a comfortable and open environment to sit down and advise clients.
- Teller Cash Recyclers – The key to cash automation, TCRs open a ton of opportunities for adding Universal Associate enabling technologies.
- NEXT – The most comprehensive self-service solution on the market, you can use the kiosk to relieve tellers from low-value, high-cost transactions and free them up for more time to sell. (Pro tip: NEXT can be paired with a tablet interface to enable assisted- and full-service from nearby associates. Now the machine can handle the transaction and the associate can focus on the relationship. How does this save money? After 30 days in one branch, 75% of one associate’s time spent on transactions was shifted to NEXT®
- DIGITAL SIGNAGE:
- Interactive Kiosk(s) – Grab their attention and get them engaging with your products and services on their own. Think of it as a build your own adventure.
- Incyte – Increase profit with insights into exactly what your clients are interacting with on the interactive screens.
- Discovery Bar – Give your clients the ability to self-service and self-discover with a comfortable place to sit that is equipped with tablets.
- Expert Nearby – Provide a private area in your branch that is equipped with video banking technology and manned by a back-end call center of banking experts, so clients can get the help they need at any branch and any time.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
- Delivery Defined – If you want your staff to focus on selling, you must train them on all the products and services you provide, as well as the actual art of selling. This program brings the experts to you branches to do just that. A well-trained staff will elevate the client experience, giving you a leg up on the competition.